Become a Partner
The Haven Tote Board of Directors continually invites other churches and businesses to become “partners” by participating in our projects. The more partners we have, the more assistance we can provide to our neighbors. Haven Totes provides nine weeks of food and non-food supplies for up to 25 children to assist a church in getting started. We also help to make the initial contact with an interested school and provide all the necessary paperwork to enroll students. We provide helpful training and invite our Partner to be included in other projects we sponsor to enable them to distribute free food and goods to Tote Kids and their families.
List of Partners
Churches and Schools
- Christ Presbyterian Church is partnered with Annie Kellond Elementary School
- Fountain of Life Lutheran Church is partnered with Bonillas Elementary, Dietz Elementary School, Lineweaver Elementary, La Paloma Academy Lakeside, La Paloma Academy Central, Davidson Elementary and Dunham Elementary.
- Immanuel Presbyterian is partnered with Booth-Fickett Magnet School
- Palo Verde Church of Christ is partnered with Hudlow Elementary
- Pantano Christian Church is partnered with Mary Meredith K-12 School, Craycroft Elementary, and Gallegos Primary.
- St. Andrews Presbyterian Church is partnered with Richardson Elementary, Mesa Verde Elementary, La Cima Middle School, Lynn-Urquides Elementary, Rio Vista Elementary and Oyama Elementary.
- Pius X Church is partnered with Magee Middle School
- Community Food Bank
- CVS Pharmacy
- Thrivent Financial
- Tanque Verde Ranch
- Fox Restaurant Concepts
- Hotel Congress
- Gaslight Theater
- Disney Land
- Tucson Symphony
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Port of Tucson
- Biosphere 2
- Total Wine & More
- Elite Island Resorts
- Lowe’s Home Improvement
- Desert Diamond Casino
- Waste Management
Make a Donation
Funds are used where the need is greatest. A direct donation to Haven Totes will ensure families and children receive food and seniors receive hygiene items throughout the year. Donating to Haven Totes transforms individual lives and brings change to our schools and community by focusing on the key, underlying issues. We strive for healthy communities for every person in Tucson and Pima County. The staff of Haven Totes is all volunteer, so the maximum amount of your donation will go towards providing food and other services to children from low income families, their families and seniors.
Be a Volunteer
At Haven Totes, we’re always in need of volunteers. Haven Totes is assisted by seven church partners. Each church partner has their own food pantry where collectively, Haven Totes serves over 500 elementary school age children from 22 schools across the Tucson metropolitan area. All of the children we serve are from low income families and each one suffers from food insecurity (hunger).
Immediate Volunteer Needs
Totes for Kids Food Pantry Volunteer Positions:
- Pre-packers…Pre-packers open cases of food items and count out the weekly number of food items to serve each child at each school.
- Packers…Packers select the individual food items and place them into a tote bag, then place the tote bags into plastic tubs to be delivered to the schools we serve.
- Delivery Drivers….Delivery Drivers load the plastic tubs into their vehicle and deliver the food tote bags to each of the schools we serve. The schools distribute the totes on Fridays to the children who have been enrolled in our Haven Totes for Kids Program.
- Volunteer, Board of Director Positions….This is a two year commitment.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Family Food Pantry Volunteer Positions:
- Inventory Volunteers
- Food Stocking Volunteers
- Date Check Volunteers
- Shopping/Pickup Volunteers
- Community Food Bank (Agency Market) Pickup Volunteers
Long Range/Occasional Volunteer Needs
Fundraising Volunteer Positions, Two Fundraisers Per Year:
- Planning Volunteers
- Setup/Decoration Volunteers
- Food Prep Volunteers
- Cashier Volunteers
- Server Volunteers
- Cleanup Volunteers
Haven Fair Volunteers:
- Planning Volunteers
- Setup Volunteers
- Check-in Volunteers
- Clean up Volunteers
- Table Host Volunteers
Host a Food Drive
Would your church, business or organization be willing to host a food drive for Haven Totes? Along with food donations, you could also accept monetary donations. Haven Totes Family Food Pantry is always in need of canned and boxed goods of every kind. Our Family Food Pantry supplies nutritious food items to the families of the children we serve through our Totes for Kids program. This ensures the entire family will receive food, where otherwise they could suffer from food insecurity (hunger). Please call 520-661-0370 to discuss options and receive a free Haven Totes Food Drive Kit.
For the latest news about Haven Totes or upcoming events and activities, please click on the Facebook icon below.